As the first quarter of 2023 comes to a close, many national companies have started to announce significant layoffs. On a day-to-day basis, companies are struggling with employee terminations and the impact of COVID-19 on employee mental health. We have seen the stressors imposed by COVID-19 begin to surface during employee termination meetings. To ensure a safe and respectful termination meeting, Frank will review the business, legal, and human issues involved in an employee termination.
Frank will cover the following key issues:
- Conducting the termination risk analysis
- Making the decision to terminate
- Preparing for the termination meeting
- Planning the delivery of the termination message
- Holding the termination meeting
- Addressing post-termination issues
All sessions will be submitted for 60 minutes of HRCI and SHRM general recertification credit.